Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Yay for Friday!!

I've been really looking forward to today. Tonight some girl friends and I hung out at my friend's house. We all brought projects along to work on while we visited. We had a great time, sharing stories and laughing together. It was wonderful to go out and leave the children with Andrew. It felt so strange to leave the house without a diaper bag!

I brought Katie's baby book with me and put alot of pictures in it and added alot of captions. It was fun and something I've been needing to do for a long time. I wanted Katie to have a nice babybook even though she is the second child! It's not as elaborate as Jackson's is, but I think she will be pleased with it.

We've started a pretty good size collection of things to give the children when they come "of age". We have a "time capsule" for each of them which consists of letters from the grandparents, pictures, poems, newspapers from the day they were born, etc. I think it will be a nice gift for them when they graduate and hopefully be meaningful to them.

I've been running out of ideas for fun toddler activities so I purchased a ebook on ebay for $2 with hundreds of great ideas and recipes. I'm looking forward to trying some of them out. Some of the ideas are fun art projects, others teach numbers, letters, colors and shapes. I think I'll get some good ideas out of it. The only creative things we do are finger painting and making masks out of paper plates...but the kids never tire of those things.

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and it's been getting worse all day. I think I'm officially sick. We're supposed to go to some friend's house for lunch tomorrow...but I'm not sure it's going to work out. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Katie woke up this morning in a very bad mood. I don't think she slept that great! She finally cheered up when she saw the dollhouse our friend loaned us was still in the living room. She's been having such a great time playing with it. It's really cool...it has a kitchen with a fridge that really opens, lots of living room and bedroom furniture and even a little pink potty. She loves putting the baby figure in the highchair and then pretending to be the mommy and feed the baby. She also loves to make the baby figure and the mommy and daddy kiss each other...it's pretty sweet!

Jackson got to watch his favorite movie today, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. He never tires of that movie. He got it for his first birthday and knows alot of the words and songs by heart. He always laughs at it like it's the first time he's ever watched it too. It is a really cute movie. Katie likes to do the "Pooh workout" which is stretching up and down because it increases your appetite for honey.

No comments: