Pages

Friday, September 24, 2004

We have a blog spot!

Thanks to the great advice of my father-in-law, I have set up a blog to chronical the funny antics of life with a 3 year old boy and a 2 year old girl.

Let's see...where to begin? Nothing too exciting happened today so I'll have to back track a little.

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment so my friend, Barby, came over to watch the little ones. As much as the children adore Mrs. Mouring, they hate to be left with a babysitter. My friend came prepared though! She brought her daughter's huge dollhouse with all the dolls and furniture. About 5 mintues before I returned my son asks, "where did mommy go?". Apparently they didn't even notice I was missing...and that's okay! They were still happy to see me when I got home (and especially happy that I brought them chicken mcnuggets).

The other night as I was putting the kids to bed I told my son, "goodnight Jackson". To which he replied, "I'm not Jack-sun anymore, I'm Jack-moon". In his sweet little 3 year old mind, he thought that since the sun went down and the moon came out that therefore his name changed too. Makes sense to me...

Katie is an obsessive little girl. I don't know where she gets it... ;-) She insists on everything being in it's place including the people in her life. If we're all hanging out in the living room and Papa is on the couch, this is just not right in her world. Daddy must sit in the recliner and Mommy must sit on the couch or she won't let us hear the end of it.

Katie is also obsessive about shoes. She wears shoes all day long and loves to change her shoes often. She has gotten really good at putting shoes on and off and she even always puts them on the right feet. She especially loves to walk around in mommy and daddy's shoes. Yesterday she tried on my knee high boots that went up to her diaper and thought she was the coolest little chic ever!

I've been using those great little Crest Whitestrips to make my teeth nice and pretty. (They work great for those of you wondering, btw). Anyway, I have to wear the strips for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening. Today, Jackson noticed them and was very worried about me. He kept trying to get me to open my mouth. Finally I did and he planted a kiss right on my teeth. He thought they were bandaids and that I had a boo-boo on my teeth.

No comments: