Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cookie Adventures

The children and I made some really good chocolate chip cookies recently. It was a new recipe and now one of my favorites and I wanted to share the recipe! But, before I do, I have to tell you about the adventure we had along the way.

I'll start at the end.

The cookies are made. They're out of the oven and we've all had one. I haven't cleaned up the kitchen yet though. I'm not even in the kitchen, but someone is.



Of course, I quickly realized that Sammy is covered in either flour or baking powder that I had left on the counter. So, I go to the kitchen to see how big the mess is, and this is what I find.



Yes, that's the chair he used to get to the counter. And on the floor, that must be the baking powder can.

That's when I started thinking, well, this is a little funny. Maybe I'll blog about it. So, I got my camera and took that picture. But then I had the thought that it would be funny to take a picture of the can itself since it says "No Mess!" on it. Haha. So, I did.



But, then I looked at the can and read "Corn Starch" on it, not "Baking Powder". And that's when I realized that my really great cookies were made with corn starch, not baking powder! And yet, they were really great, so here's the recipe.



1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
2 1/2 c. oatmeal flour (I just ground up some oats in the blender)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. CORNSTARCH (the recipe calls for baking powder)
1 tsp. baking soda (I guess this is why they turned out okay)
12 oz. chocolate chips

Cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Mix together the dry ingredients and then combine with the wet. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop onto cookie sheets and bake at 350° for 9 minutes.

1 comment:

Amy_Use said...

hahaha....I love this story!! Too cute!!! I love that the can says "no mess"--how ironic!--and I love how you mistakenly used corn starch! I'll also have to try out that recipe sometime!