Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

She's too smart for me...

Katie: Mommy, can I go to Chuck E. Cheese for my birthday?

Me: Sure, that sounds like fun.

Katie: Actually, I’m getting to be more and more like a teenager and teenagers don’t go to Chuck E. Cheese. What do teenagers do for their birthday?

Me: They probably just go out to dinner with their parents.

Katie: That would be fun, and maybe they go to the park and the fair too?

Me: No, just dinner and I think teenagers save up their money and pay for the dinner with their parents.

Katie: Daddy, do you think I could celebrate my birthday with just you this year and Mommy could stay home with the boys?

Ouch!! I guess that’s what I get for giving Katie a hard time. No dinner invitation. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in so much trouble if she thinks she's "like a teenager" at the age of 6! So funny.

But yeah, that backfired. Our kids don't know what "teenagers" are, but they say, "when I'm a big man like Daddy..." a lot. Maybe it's just the word "teenager" that's scary.