Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rules of the restaurant

We went out for lunch today to sort of celebrate Mother's day and Katie's birthday. Every year the kids get a coupon for a free kids meal at Friendlys and it's sort of become a tradition to go around their birthdays.

We have a family routine of going over rules whenever we are going somewhere. It's good to get a reminder. Sometimes I let them tell me the rules and sometimes I just remind them. Today, as we were pulling into the parking lot at the restaurant, I asked Katie if she remembers the rules. Things I'm expecting to hear are, "Eat all your dinner, don't be loud, sit still, no complaining, crying, whining, etc." Instead Katie pipes up:

1. No escaping from Mommy.
2. No eating Daddy's food.
3. No hurting Baby Sammy.

And then Jackson adds:

4. No giving Mommy and Daddy a head-ache.

We thought that just about covered it.

No comments: